Bi-profenid® is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). Bi-profenid® works by reducing hormones that cause inflammation and pain in the body.
Bi-profenid® is used to treat pain or inflammation caused by arthritis.
The Bi-profenid® regular capsule is also used to treat mild to moderate pain, or menstrual pain.
Only Bi-profenid® extended-release capsules are used for treating arthritis. This form of Bi-profenid® will not work fast enough to treat acute pain.
Bi-profenid® may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Carefully consider the potential benefits and risks of Bi-profenid® (Bi-profenid®) and Bi-profenid® and other treatment options before deciding to use Bi-profenid® (Bi-profenid®) and Bi-profenid®. Use the lowest effective dose for the shortest duration consistent with individual patient treatment goals.
Bi-profenid® (Bi-profenid®) and Bi-profenid® are indicated for the management of the signs and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
Bi-profenid® is not recommended for treatment of acute pain because of its extended-release characteristics is indicated for the management of pain. Bi-profenid® (Bi-profenid®) is also indicated for treatment of primary dysmenorrhea.
HOW SHOULD I USE BI-PROFENID®?
Use Bi-profenid® extended-release capsules as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Bi-profenid® extended-release capsules comes with an extra patient information sheet called a Medication Guide. Read it carefully. Read it again each time you get Bi-profenid® extended-release capsules refilled.
- Take Bi-profenid® extended-release capsules by mouth. It may be taken with food if it upsets your stomach. Taking it with food may not lower the risk of stomach or bowel problems (eg, bleeding, ulcers). Talk with your doctor or pharmacist if you have persistent stomach upset.
- Swallow Bi-profenid® extended-release capsules whole. Do not break, crush, or chew before swallowing.
- Take Bi-profenid® extended-release capsules with a full glass of water (8 oz/240 mL) as directed by your doctor.
- If you miss a dose of Bi-profenid® extended-release capsules and you are taking it regularly, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about the proper use of Bi-profenid® extended-release capsules.
Use: Labeled Indications
Osteoarthritis: Management of the signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis
Pain (immediate release only): Management of pain
Primary dysmenorrhea (immediate release only): Treatment of primary dysmenorrhea
Rheumatoid arthritis: Management of the signs and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis
Off Label Uses
Data from a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo- and active-comparator controlled trial supports the use of Bi-profenid® in the treatment of ankylosing spondylitis.
Each 100-g gel contains Ketoprofen [2-(3-benzoyl-phenyl)-propionic acid] 2.5 g and the following excipients: Carboxypolymethylene 2 g; ethyl alcohol 40 mL; esters of p-hydroxybenzoic acid 0.1 g; neroli oil 0.05 mL; lavender oil 0.1 mL; triethanolamine 1.35 g; distilled water qs.
Not worried about hormonal disruption anymore? Then it is worth worrying about a new job, which can be found near your home on this site – https://jobstellar.com/uk/